Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins

I feel like I'm on a lifelong journey to discover a homemade, from-scratch, recipe for blueberry muffins that look & taste like those huge bakery-style muffins!!  Mine always end up too dense, or too dry, or too flat.  I'm still on that journey, but this morning I discovered a pretty good recipe.  They did not puff up as big as I wanted and they didn't end up looking as pretty as I thought they should, but they taste DIVINE!!!!!!!  I've already polished off two, and if I keep this up, there won't be any left to share with my family when they get home!!  :)

 Recipe:
2 eggs
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. heavy cream
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. blueberries (toss with flour)

1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. flour
1/4 c. cold butter, cut up
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

For topping, combine 1/2 c. brown sugar, 1/3 c. flour and 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon; add in cold butter, mix with fork until crumbly.  Set aside.

Mix together 2 c. flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.  Set aside.

In large bowl, beat together eggs and both sugars.  Add in oil, vanilla and cream.  Slowly add in dry mixture, be careful not to overmix.  Gently fold in blueberries.

Line or grease 12 muffin cups.  Fill with batter to the top.  Sprinkle with topping.
Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment