Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Countdown to Valentines Day ~ Homemade Hot Fudge

Day 2 of Valentine Treats for my Valentine ♥





Homemade Hot Fudge sauce!!  

Recipe
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 (1 oz. ea) squares bittersweet chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbs butter

In a small saucepan over low heat (a "2" on my electric stove), combine milk and chocolate.  Heat over low heat, stirring, until chocolate is completely melted and mixture thickens.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and butter; beat with spoon until fully combined.  Serve warm.  Keep in tightly covered container in refrigerator for up to a week.

Don't forget to lick the spoon!!


Delicious over ice cream!

I also attempted caramel sauce.  I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.  But here's a peek at it:

No comments:

Post a Comment