Thursday, February 10, 2011

Countdown to Valentines Day ~ Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese

DAY 10!  It's sneaking up on us, friends!

Today I'm going to share a sandwich that we've recently started making.  It involves cheese, buffalo chicken and ranch dressing...three of our favorite things!  This is one of the things my honey and I have in common, a love of buffalo chicken!  In any way, shape or form.  Seriously.  He honestly prefers Bleu Cheese, but we don't often have it.  I have a tolerance for it, but it's not my favorite.  He likes Ranch dressing too, so it's a win-win for this sandwich.

Now, I know...a "recipe" for a grilled cheese sandwich?  Really?  Okay, so this isn't really a "recipe;" it's more of a good idea that I want to share.  My secret?  This stuff:




Mmmm.
Here is how we do this:

1 c. Louisiana Hot Sauce (or Wing Sauce)
1/2 c. butter, melted
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 slices American cheese
1/2 c. shredded cheddar
Ranch dressing, as desired (or Bleu Cheese)
4 slices bread (I use whole grain white)
soft butter

Mix the hot sauce with the melted butter; toss chicken in the sauce.  [This will actually make more than you need for two sandwiches, you can keep the remainder for more sandwiches or put it on salad, or make chicken wing dip with it....so many options!!]  Place one slice of American cheese on one slice of bread; put about 1-2 Tbs of the chicken in sauce on top; place about 1/4 c. shredded cheddar on top of the chicken, drizzle with Ranch dressing.  Place another piece of bread on top.  Butter the outside of the sandwich (both sides) and cook on a preheated griddle, or frying pan.  Repeat with remaining ingredients for second sandwich for a lunch for two!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment